Prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses for men, women, and kids
When you get an eye exam by an eye care professional, they would probably determine whether you need prescription eyeglasses or not, and you'll get a prescription similar to any medication prescribed. Your personal prescription will contain data specific to your case as well as any recommendations for more specialized lenses such as blue light protection. Below, we will teach you how to read your prescription and how to buy prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses online for men, women, and kids whether you are in Vancouver or any other place in Canada.
How to Read Eyeglasses Prescription?
Although not all eye doctors use the same form for prescription, there are common terms in the world of prescription lenses:
- D. means "Oculus Dexter", which is the Latin word for "right eye".
- S. means "Oculus Sinister," which is the Latin word for "left eye".
- V. stands for "Distance vision", which means you can see far objects clearly, but it’s hard to see close objects.
- V. stands for "Near vision" which means you can see close objects clearly, but it’s hard to see far objects.
- SPH means "sphere", and indicates the near-sighted or far-sighted degree.
- CYL stands for "cylinder", which indicates the amount of astigmatism present in the patient's eyes. Astigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the eye that causes blurred distance and near vision.
- AXIS indicates the orientation of astigmatism in the patient’s eyes.
- PRISM may add to your prescription when your eyes need help to work more effectively together or to stay in proper alignment.
- PD means "Pupillary Distance", which measures the distance between the pupils.
- Seg Height stands for "Segment Height", which means the near portion of the lens and the way it aligns the frame relative to your pupils.
Buying prescription eyeglasses online
We know that searching for the right prescription eyeglasses online can be a bit difficult, that’s why we collected the best tips for you, whether you are buying eyeglasses for men, for women, or for kids.
Search for the perfect frame that fits your face shape, to determine your face shape, pull your hair away from your face, and draw a line on the mirror to contour your face and head. There are seven face shapes in general if you have:
- Oval Face Shape: Look for wide frames that would be wider than the broadest part for your face, keep in mind that deep or narrow frames are not a very good choice for you. Try Finely glasses, they would be the perfect addition to your wardrobe.
- Heart-Shaped Face: It’s usually has a wide top third compared to the bottom third, choose frames that are wider at the bottom, and make sure they have light-colored frames because they are perfect for your face such as Karly glasses with an elegant lightweight frame.
- Oblong Face Shape: It’s often longer than it’s wide, to keep your face shape more balanced, choose more depth frames, and maybe decorative or contrasting frames that would add more width to your face such as Siri glasses with tortoise or multi-colored gradient patterns.
- Square Face Shape: If you have a strong jawline and your face width and length is roughly the same, then choose narrow frames that have more width than depth, they would soften the angles of your face such as Maude glasses with the classic black color.
- Diamond Face Shape: When your forehead and jawline are narrow, it’s better to highlight the eyes and soften the cheeks with oval or cat-eye frames shapes. Try Nirvana glasses to add comfort but stylish touch to your look.
- Round Face Shape: If you have a curved face, you can try to make it look thinner with wide rectangular frames or angular eyeglasses such as Finely - COL.1 glasses, which are the hottest trend for this season.
- Base Down Triangle: If you have a narrow forehead but wide check and thin area, we recommend buying eyeglasses that focus on the upper third of the face such as cat-eye frames with light colors. Try Hull glasses to get the perfect look of this season.
When ordering prescription eyeglasses online, remember to use a prescription that is not older than 2 years old, if your work contains long hours in front of screens like laptops or mobiles, you might want to consider adding blue light protection lens, simply choose “blue light protection lenses” option when completing the order from our website.
Buying Sunglasses Online
As in prescription eyeglasses, you should pick frames that not only fit your face shape but your style too! Classic sunglasses are perfect for those who don’t want to pay attention to their selves, in addition to that, they are timeless meaning you can wear them for years regardless of how the fashion change, they will always look neat and classy! We recommend choosing a basic color such as black or brown.
Try the elegant Flower glasses that will help you stay stylish during the next busy summer! Or the fancy Dominique glasses, which is a bold frame that makes a statement.
In addition to that, you can try adding clip-on sunglasses onto your regular prescription eyeglasses, which will provide UV rays protection. They are less expensive than prescription sunglasses and give you the comfort of wearing them on or off! Keep in mind that clip-on sunglasses provide the same protection from the harmful sun rays as any sunglasses, we recommend buying clip-on or sunglasses that offer the maximum level of UV protection which is 400. Of course, you can wear clip-on sunglasses over your prescription eyeglasses when driving or when you walk in the sunlight!
If you feel curious about clip-on glasses, check out our Reed glasses, they would be the only pair of glasses that you would wear this year!
If you have any further questions, contact our customer service or kindly check our FAQs section.